Tuesday, April 7th 2020
First The Bad News:
The more days that pass, the more I’m finding it harder to cope.
That the school district sees fit to send me DOZENS of emails from every direction from my children’s COUNTLESS teachers, boasting expectations, “suggestions” and assisgnments… seems unusually cruel. I found my career more than challenging before, even when I was on top of my game and actually pulling an income. Now I have no income AND the need to create my career anew… WHILE holding the homestead and family together, processing the perpetual onslaught of horrific news and performing complicated magical financial gyrations. I’m stunned.
I kind of freeze sometimes -when I’m not broken down altogether. And today makes the FIFTH strait school day in a row where I truly wasn’t there for the kids academically.
The Good News:
We’re healthy! Our have a home! It is safe and beautiful. We have enough food AND each other.
Here’s what “survival” looks like for me today:
1) First, we blow off the school curriculum and ClaraJane starts her work time with a Grandma “Bubble Wow” inspired art project:
2) Gavin starts his day off with a… “Study Break:”
3) Glory be, children are so wise that even when I ignore them they tend towards enriching activities anyway:
4) I did give a lesson in “Practical Life” today, on “How to Clean a Mirror.” (For real.) Then Daddy tackles some financial paperwork and Gavin tackles a spill on the floor… without even being asked!
5) Daddy sees I’m pretty stressed and fixes us a lil’ daytime bevvy:
6) ClaraJane gets crafty on her own today and constructs this popsicle stick “Pig Pen:”
7) Then there’s always “recess.”
8) So yeah, I’ll drink to all that.
9) And try not to think too much about the future:
10) So, while some have given up all reason or accountability as they continue to support this “administration” with their Red Hat ideology; others are fighting merciless body aches and fevers and desperately trying to suck in air with their immobilized lungs; others still are dying unexpectedly, helpless and alone. And “we” are “fine.”
Meanwhile it’s a beautiful day here and there’s still time for some nice outdoor learning in the park. So. Yeah. Off we go.
11) Outdoor Time.
12) Nightly Music Therapy.
13) A wonderful meal by Manmeat, and another day on the books.
#25 to be exact.